On your device, if you have installed or upgraded Windows, and it shows the Activation Error 0xC004F211, then it means some of the hardware on your Windows 10 device has changed.
You might have upgraded or removed an old hardware in recent times, and therefore the Windows fails to determine if the key is used on a new PC or it’s the same one.
In this guide, we are going to share how you can fix Windows Activation Error 0xC004F211. And the procedure laid down in the guide may be followed to fix the error code 0xC004F213 too.
- Windows reported that the hardware of your device has changed, error code 0xC004F211
- Windows reported that no product key was found on your device, error code 0xC004F213
While your Windows 10 has a valid key, it may sometime fail to get activated instantly. In order to fix the issue, the first thing you are recommended to do is running the Windows 10 Activation Troubleshooter. If it refuses to resolve the problem, read ahead and check what you can do next to fix this Windows 10 Activation Error 0xC004F211, 0xC004F213.
Even though, the small hardware changes don’t tend to cause any trouble with activation, making any significant hardware change like replacing your motherboard may result in this error. Thus, the Windows Activation system will be confused and will start treating this as a new hardware, and you will need a new license.
Fixing Windows Activation Errors 0xC004F211, 0xC004F213
There is an exception that Microsoft provides. If you’ve ever connected to a Microsoft account before the hardware change took place, then you can re-use the same license key, and reactivate the Windows again. Microsoft named it as an Exception path. Now, what you need to do is running the Windows Activation troubleshooter, and it should resolve the issue.
In some rare cases, even if you have a Microsoft account available on your Windows 10 PC, if the Windows was never before activated, this solution is not likely to work.
However, if you haven’t associated your Microsoft Account with the Windows 10 PC before a significant hardware change, then the only thing left for you to do is purchasing a new license.
Purchasing a new Windows license
To buy a new Windows license, do the following step:
- Go to the Start button and open Settings.
- Tap Update & Security and go to Activation.
- After that, select “Go to Microsoft Store.”
- You will then get a new Windows license.
- Once you receive your new license, go back to Update & Security.
- Tap Activation, and then click “Change product key.”
- Now, you just need to update with a new key. Going so will activate your Windows automatically.
- After that, you have to make sure to create a Microsoft account or connect your available local account to your online account. When the system links to the key and the account, even after changing the hardware, you won’t have to buy a new license in the matter of Activation.
Hope this information is going to be useful to you. All the best!